Best Property Manager in Northern Virginia, Maryland, and the Washington DC metro area discusses how to interview a potential property management company. The top 5 questions to ask a property manager you want to manage your rental home.
Top 5 questions landlords should ask a property manager.
- What is your eviction rate? Obviously, the lower the better! Low eviction rate means a lower probability of having your Washington DC area renter being evicted.
- How long have you been in business? Make sure you verify what they say. If they’ve been around for a while then it means there is a good chance they will continue to be there tomorrow.
- What types of real estate do you specialize in managing? There are all kinds of real estate and real estate classes out there. Commercial, residential, multifamily, retail, association management, etc. Make sure the property manager you are interviewing specializes in the type of management for the type of real estate you are seeking.
- Walk me through the eviction process (or whatever process concerns you most as a landlord). This shows their experience and confidence with handling our biggest concerns.
- What is the craziest thing you have dealt with as a property manager? This can show not only how long they may have been in business, but if you listen closely, it can also tell you why it was crazy and how they handled the situation. If they handled it in a good way, you can rest assured they would be up to the task if something similar happened in your property.
Hope these questions help. Feel free to reach out to us at www.flatfeelandlord.com or call us at 301-265-5005.